The Gordon and Betty Moore Graduate Fellowship Match
The Impact of Your Giving … Amplified
When you give for endowed graduate support, you advance discovery at Caltech.
Thanks to the far-seeing philanthropy of Gordon and Betty Moore, your investment in Caltech will go even further.
Your pledge to create an endowment for graduate students will be matched—one extra dollar for every two that you give—by the Gordon and Betty Moore Graduate Fellowship Match.
You can use the Moore Match to leverage your new commitment when you:
- Pledge in writing after March 15, 2015
- Pay your gift over five or fewer years
- Endow graduate fellowships that are unrestricted by division or field (you may indicate a preference)
How It Works
Your gift makes an even bigger difference for research and education:
- $500,000 pledge + $250,000 Moore Match = $750,000 to endow one fellowship
- $1 million pledge + $500,000 Moore Match = $1.5 million to endow two fellowships
- $2 million pledge + $1 million Moore Match = $3 million to endow four fellowships
- and so forth, until the $100 million matching program is complete
Naming Your Endowment
When you create an endowment with the Moore Match, you can choose to:
- Name fellowships after yourself
- Honor a mentor or a loved one
- Join the Moore name with your own
Best of all, your gift keeps on giving, year after year—associating your name with outstanding graduate education and boundary-breaking inquiry for generations to come.
For more information about the match and how to support graduate education at Caltech, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (626) 395-4863.